Construction - Night Work SWMS
- Provides a framework for training workers
- Addresses generic risks and hazards
- MS Word format allows you to make changes to the document
- Can be used as part of tender applications, WHS inductions, and Toolbox talks
- Assists with compliance requirements for WHS inspections
The Construction Site Night Work Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for performing general construction tasks at night, including transporting and receiving deliveries of equipment/materials onto a construction site. This SWMS covers some of the additional hazards that may occur due to working at night on sites.
This document does not cover high risk construction work that would have greatly increased risk levels when performed at night time, including but not limited to - Working in Confined Spaces, Working around Mobile Plant, Working at Heights.
This document is intended for use as an attachment, to be used in addition to the relevant SWMS for the specific work being conducted on a construction site during daylight hours.
Main hazards:- Falling objects – being struck / crushed
- Entrapment – crush injuries, death
- Mobile plant – being run over / struck
- Vehicle accident – being run over / struck, or injuries from vehicle accident
- Electricity – electric shock/electrocution
- Slips, trips & falls – fractures, sprains, strains
- Hazardous manual tasks – musculoskeletal disorders (MSD)
- Noise – hearing loss
This SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Emergency Procedures
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
- Minimum 9 pages
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- MS Word format NOT PDF
- Task specific and site specific details easy to add
- Includes easy to complete boxes for Company details and project details
- Employee sign off section
- Manual Handling – Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Traffic Plan
- Plant & Machinery – working around
This document has been developed and provided by SafetyCulture Pty Ltd and is offered for sale by ACRIS Services who are licensed resellers for Australia. SafetyCulture employ former WorkSafe Inspectors to research and write documents ensuring safe work practices can be understood and followed by employees performing high risk activities in the course of their duties. SafetyCulture's mission is to make Safety A Way Of Life for workers across the world by providing documentation through software and printable files.
SWMS - Safe Work Method Statement
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are required for any high risk activity that is performed by an employee in the workplace. Each document must identify the risks involved when performing the activity, a risk rating for each risk, a safe work method to perform the activity and a residual risk rating for the risks. SafetyCulture SWMS comply with current WH&S legislation in all states across Australia. This document is fully completed with a step by step procedure that can be edited and appended. This is not a blank template, it is a comprehensive procedure that has been researched and developed by a qualified writer.