The Water & Sewerage Temporary Services Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the safety steps for working on temporary services and the connection of temporary services to buildings on construction sites.
Information included in this SWMS, regarding tasks involved with temporary services and the connection of temporary services to buildings on construction sites, does not cover “High Risk Construction Work” in sufficient detail. Dedicated SWMS should be developed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS.
- Sun exposure – sun burn, eye damage, skin cancer
- Laceration / cuts
- Stuck by moving object – mobile plant
- Electric shock / Electrocution
- Explosion / Fire
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) from hazardous manual tasks
- Slips, trips & falls
- Hearing Loss
- Exposure to hazardous substances
- Exposure to biological hazards – contaminated waste
Environmental risks may include:
- Pollution of waterways and water catchment areas due to run off of contaminated waste
- Pollution of water, soil or atmosphere caused by uncontrolled escape of hazardous chemicals
- Damage to ground surface & vegetation caused by explosions / fires
This SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Operation: Connect temporary water supply to existing supply; Extend and connect water to temporary buildings as required
- Operation: Excavate drainage trench to required depth & grade
- Operation: Cut into & connect to existing sewer drainage &y install temporary service; Extend & connect to site buildings as required
- Testing & Commissioning
- Backfilling excavation & removal of excess spoil and waste
- Emergency Procedures
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- MS Word format NOT PDF
- Task specific and site specific details easy to add
- Includes easy to complete boxes for Company details and project details
- Employee sign off section
- Review Date: 14 March 2014
- Manual Handling – Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Electricity – working around
- Confined spaces
- Plant & Machinery – working around
- Heights – working at
This document has been developed and provided by SafetyCulture Pty Ltd and is offered for sale by ACRIS Services who are licensed resellers for Australia. SafetyCulture employ former WorkSafe Inspectors to research and write documents ensuring safe work practices can be understood and followed by employees performing high risk activities in the course of their duties. SafetyCulture's mission is to make Safety A Way Of Life for workers across the world by providing documentation through software and printable files.
SWMS - Safe Work Method Statement
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are required for any high risk activity that is performed by an employee in the workplace. Each document must identify the risks involved when performing the activity, a risk rating for each risk, a safe work method to perform the activity and a residual risk rating for the risks. SafetyCulture SWMS comply with current WH&S legislation in all states across Australia. This document is fully completed with a step by step procedure that can be edited and appended. This is not a blank template, it is a comprehensive procedure that has been researched and developed by a qualified writer.