The Automatic Fire Sprinkler Installation Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive document outlining the installation of Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems in commercial buildings.
This SWMS does not cover Working at Heights, Working in Confined Spaces, Using Ladders, Using Scaffolds, Elevated Work Platforms, and Scissor Lifts in sufficient detail. Dedicated SWMS should be followed for these tasks, and for any risks not covered in this SWMS.
This SWMS involved the following “High Risk Construction Work” (Working on, in or near):
- Fass risks 2m or more
- Confined Spaces
- Live electricity
- Struck by moving object – mobile plant or vehicles
- Working with knives and hand tools - laceration/cuts
- Struck by falling object – tools, equipment falling from ladders/scaffold/EWP
- Working near Electricity - electric shock/electrocution
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) from hazardous manual tasks - sprains, strains, back injury, shoulder injury etc.
- Slips & trips – on ground level
- Falls from height greater than 2m
- Vibration – power tools
- Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals – solvents, adhesives
Environmental risks may include pollution of waterways or ground surfaces due to lack of clean-up of waste materials or chemicals.
This SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Delivery and unloading of materials at site
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Installation – Work at Heights
- Installation – Work in Confined Spaces
- Installation – General
- System Testing
- Emergency Procedures
This SWMS is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- MS Word format NOT PDF
- Task specific and site specific details easy to add
- Includes easy to complete boxes for Company details and project details
- Employee sign off section
- Review Date: 14 March 2014
- Manual Handling – Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Heights – Working At
- Confined Spaces
- Scaffolding – Use of
- Ladder Safety
This document has been developed by SafetyCulture Pty Ltd and is offered for sale by ACRIS Services who are licensed resellers in Australia. SafetyCulture employ former WorkSafe Inspectors to research and author documents ensuring safe work practices can be understood and followed by employees performing high risk activities in the course of their duties. SafetyCulture's mission is to make Safety A Way Of Life for workers across the world by providing documentation through software and printable files.
SWMS - Safe Work Method Statement
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are required for any high risk activity that is performed by an employee in the workplace. Each document must identify the risks involved when performing the activity, a risk rating for each risk, a safe work method to perform the activity and a residual risk rating for the risks. SafetyCulture SWMS comply with current WH&S legislation in all states in Australia for both Commercial and Residential Construction Work. This document is fully completed with a step by step procedure that can be edited and appended. This is not a blank template, it is a comprehensive procedure that has been researched and developed by a qualified writer.