- 14 Page procedure
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- MS Word format NOT PDF
- Task specific and site specific details easy to add
- Includes easy to complete boxes for Company details and project details
- Employee sign off section
- Instant download delivery
Pest Control- Termites & Ants Information:
The Pest Control- Termites & Ants Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive 14 page procedure. This SWMS covers termite and ant eradication using liquid and dust insecticides (containing hazardous substances such as fibronel and formaldehyde) in established premises and soil treatments for new structures. It does NOT include selection and installation of termite-resistant timbers, building materials and termite management systems in line with AS 3660 series guidelines.
The Pest Control- Termites & Ants Work Method Statement (WMS) is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall OHS System.
The Pest Control- Termites & Ants Work Method Statement can be used as part of your OHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
The Safety Procedure includes:
- Safety Notes
- Pre-operational Inspection
- Emergency Procedures
For new premises:
Liaise with Principal Contractor. Ensure following is provided before work commences:
- Site specific induction (include location of amenities, first aid facilities, emergency plans and evacuation points, incident reporting, communication, contact persons etc)
- Health and Safety Rules for site
- Supervisory arrangements
- PPE requirements for site
- Types of hazards at site
- Site plans – showing no go zones for pedestrians
- Traffic Management plans
- Relevant SWMS and JSA’s
For existing premises:
- Liaise with resident. Ensure persons and pets are removed from residence. Inform resident when they are safe to return.
- Ensure neighbours in close proximity are informed of work and any hazards that may arise from work
- Establish and maintain exclusion zone at premises for duration of work (physical barricades, caution signs, etc)
- Determine presence of hazardous materials before work commences (asbestos, lead etc).
- Determine location and condition of cables/pipes behind walls for indoor treatments (wall foaming)
- Determine location of underground utilities. Contact ‘Dial before you Dig’ and use locating equipment where required.
This document has been developed and provided by SafetyCulture Pty Ltd and is offered for sale by ACRIS Services who are licensed resellers for Australia. SafetyCulture employ former WorkSafe Inspectors to research and write documents ensuring safe work practices can be understood and followed by employees performing high risk activities in the course of their duties. SafetyCulture's mission is to make Safety A Way Of Life for workers across the world by providing documentation through software and printable files.
SWMS - Safe Work Method Statement
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are required for any high risk activity that is performed by an employee in the workplace. Each document must identify the risks involved when performing the activity, a risk rating for each risk, a safe work method to perform the activity and a residual risk rating for the risks. SafetyCulture SWMS comply with current WH&S legislation in all states across Australia. This document is fully completed with a step by step procedure that can be edited and appended. This is not a blank template, it is a comprehensive procedure that has been researched and developed by a qualified writer.