The Septic Tank – Vacuumation Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is a comprehensive procedure outlining the safety steps for the use of a vacuumation truck to empty septic tanks.
The Septic Tank – Vacuumation Work Method Statement (WMS) is ready to use and is not a blank template. Simply add your company details, ABN, and include any site specific details or risks and make it specific to the task at hand. It is then ready for printing and to be incorporated as part of your overall WHS System.
This SWMS involves the vacuuming out of septic tanks using a vacuumation truck. This does not cover entry into a confined space. A dedicated confined space SWMS and entry permit system must be in place for these activities.
Main hazards include:
- Falls /Engulfment /Drowning
- Exposure to hazardous /flammable atmosphere (hydrogen sulphide gas (toxic), methane gas (flammable)
- Exposure to biological cotangents (raw sewerage and waste products)
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) from hazardous manual tasks
- Environmental impacts:
This SWMS includes the following “High Risk Construction Work" as defined by Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011:
- Possible confined spaces
- Possible live electricity
- Mobile Plant
- Working with flammable atmosphere
The Septic Tank - Vacuumation Work Method Statement can be used as part of your WHS inductions, for Tool box talks or tender applications.
The Septic Tank - Vacuumation SWMS includes:
- Safety Notes
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Emergency Procedures
- Minimum 13 page procedure
- Written by ex WHS inspectors
- Risk ratings before and after control measures
- MS Word format NOT PDF
- Task specific and site specific details easy to add
- Includes easy to complete boxes for Company details and project details
- Employee sign off section
- Instant download delivery
- Manual Handling – Hazardous Manual Tasks
- LOTO – Lock Out Tag Out
- Confined Spaces
- Traffic Management Plan
This document has been developed and provided by SafetyCulture Pty Ltd and is offered for sale by ACRIS Services who are licensed resellers for Australia. SafetyCulture employ former WorkSafe Inspectors to research and write documents ensuring safe work practices can be understood and followed by employees performing high risk activities in the course of their duties. SafetyCulture's mission is to make Safety A Way Of Life for workers across the world by providing documentation through software and printable files.
SWMS - Safe Work Method Statement
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are required for any high risk activity that is performed by an employee in the workplace. Each document must identify the risks involved when performing the activity, a risk rating for each risk, a safe work method to perform the activity and a residual risk rating for the risks. SafetyCulture SWMS comply with current WH&S legislation in all states across Australia. This document is fully completed with a step by step procedure that can be edited and appended. This is not a blank template, it is a comprehensive procedure that has been researched and developed by a qualified writer.